ABOUT TANZANIA INTERNATIONAL MODEL OF UNITED NATIONS.
Tanzania International Model United Nations (MUN) is a simulation of the United Nations work sessions that aims to educate participants about current events, topics in international relations, diplomacy and the United Nations agenda. The participants role-play as diplomats representing a nation values and interests in a simulated session of the United Nations, such as the General Assembly, the Security Council or Caucus Sessions.
The simulations represent an innovative tool to assimilate knowledge of various issues, improve leadership skills and the ability to work in a team, strengthen negotiation skills, acquire a strategic overview and orientate with regard to future choices. Participants research a country, take on roles as diplomats, investigate international issues, debate, deliberate, consult, and then develop solutions to world problems.
During a conference, participants must employ a variety of communication and critical thinking skills in order to represent the policies of their country. These skills include public speaking, group communication, research, policy analysis, active listening, negotiating, reaching consensus, conflict resolution, note taking, and technical writing.
At the end of MUN conferences, parties owned resolution is issued after votes. The resolution includes the voice of nations represented in MUN. Finally, outstanding delegates are recognized and given an award certificate.
- To provide a clear understanding of multilateral cooperation and diplomacy;
- To strengthen diplomacy and leadership skills;
- To improve the ability to anticipate evolving scenarios of complex issues in contemporary world
- Increased youth understanding on Sustainable Development Goals.
- Participants are well informed and practices multilateral cooperation in reaching consensus by using diplomacy,
- Youth will be enriched with diplomacy and leadership skills that are problem solving oriented.
Youth of Tanzania Mainland and the Isles consisting of people from secondary schools, higher learning institutions and youth from Non-Governmental Organizations advocating for sustainable development and other invited guests.. There will be a total of 190 participants from 26 regions of Tanzania and International.